Friday, April 24, 2015

PlaidStallions Turns Nine Contest!

 

It took me by complete surprise this week that it has been nine years to this day that I decided to start this blog. 

Many thanks to my then infant daughter for taking a long nap on April 26, 2006  (she doesn't take so many these days) and giving me the time to begin this journey.

I really have to thank all of you for making this experience a dream, for commenting here and on the facebook page, for writing in, listening to the podcast and for making my book a success.

I am eternally grateful for the friends I've made and experiences I've had through this site.


To show that gratitude I'm having another contest:


Create a Rack Toy Contest!

I've done contests here before but this one was cooked up by my pal and podcast partner Jason Lenzi and it's brilliant.

Concept: Pick the most inane 1970s TV, comic or movie property you can think of and marry it with the most inappropriate rack toy you can think of.

Here's an example I drafted up but you don't have to do anything fancy, just send me the idea:

 
Email your best idea (no design work needed) to kid70s *at*  gmail.com (replace the *at* with an @) I'll pick the winners in Mid May and I'll even try to mock up the three best in photoshop like I have done above.


Prizes:



3rd Place: A copy of my book Rack Toys: Cheap Crazed Playthings


2nd Place: A Brick Mantooth action figure on a limited edition "Woolco" card




1st Prize: An Official Brick Mantooth Sky Diving Parachutist Figure Mint on Card.

Thanks again to everybody for reading, listening, supporting and joining in on the fun, it's made my life better.

I look forward to your entries!

5 comments:

Sam G said...

Happy Anniversary! Love the blog and podcast. I'll see if I can come up with something lame.

Unknown said...

HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY, HA-PY ANNIVERSARY!! You've come a long way, BABY!

Anonymous said...

Email link doesn't work

pete said...

"Email your best idea to kid70sgmail.com (replace the with an @)"

Do we replace the "s" with "@" or leave it in?

Anonymous said...

Results?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin